Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Diary of St. Faustina...on Hell

“I, Sister Faustina Kowalska, by the order of God, have visited the abysses of Hell so that I might tell souls about it and testify to its existence... The devils were full of hatred for me, but they had to obey me at the command of God. What I have written is but a pale shadow of the things I saw. But, I noticed one thing, that most of the souls there are those who disbelieved that there is a Hell.”


St. Faustina recalls....“Today I was led by an angel to the chasms of Hell. It is a place of great tortures; how awesomely large and extensive it is! The kind of tortures I saw: the first torture that constitutes Hell is the loss of God; the second is perpetual remorse of conscience; the third is that one’s condition will never change; the fourth is the fire that will penetrate the soul without destroying it - a terrible suffering since it is a purely spiritual fire, lit by God’s anger; the fifth torture is a continual darkness and a terrible suffocation smell, and despite the darkness, the devils and the souls of the damned see each other and all the evil, both of others and their own; the sixth torture is horrible despair, hatred of God, vile words, curses and blasphemies; indescribable sufferings. These are the torments of the senses. Each soul undergoes terrible and indescribable suffering related to the manner in which it has sinned.”


“No one can say there is no Hell. Let the sinner know that he will be tortured throughout all eternity on those senses which he made use of to sin.” (Diary 741)

No comments: