Sunday, April 17, 2011



Now we have entered into Holy Week, where we contemplate more the Sufferings of Christ with the aid of the Stations of the Cross from St. Faustina's Diary...

I STATION – Jesus is Condemned to Death.


Jesus to Saint Faustina: Do not be surprised that you are sometimes unjustly accused. I myself first drank this cup of undeserved suffering for love of you. (289). When I was before Herod, I obtained a grace for you, that you would be able to rise above human scorn and follow faithfully in my footsteps.(1164).

Saint Faustina: Jesus, we are sensitive to words and quickly want to answer back, without taking any regard as to whether it’s God’s will that we should speak. A silent soul is strong: no adversities will harm it if it perseveres in silence. The silent soul is capable of attaining the closest union with God. (477).

Merciful Jesus, help me accept each human judgment, do not ever allow me to judge you when judging my neighbor.


II STATION: Jesus takes up His Cross

Jesus to Saint Faustina: Do not be afraid of suffering, I am with you, (151 ). The more you will come to love suffering, the purer your love for Me will be. (279).

Saint Faustina: Oh Jesus, I thank you for the Little daily crosses, for opposition to my endeavors, for the hardships of communal life, for the misinterpretation of my intentions, for humiliations at the hands of others, for the harsh way in which we are treated, for false suspicions, for poor health and loss of strength, for self-denial, for dying to myself, for lack of recognition in everything, for the upsetting of all my plans. (343).

Merciful Jesus, teach me to appreciate the difficulties of life, sickness, each suffering, and with love take up my daily cross.

No comments: