Thursday, May 19, 2011

Diary of St. Faustina - With Mary, Mother of Mercy

Our Blessed Mother also appeared and spoke to Saint Faustina saying, "I am not only the Queen of Heaven, but also the Mother of Mercy and your Mother . . . I am Mother to you all, thanks to the unfathomable mercy of God." (Diary 330 & 449)


For Saint Faustina, Our Lady was a constant source of God's mercy, as mother, guardian, teacher and intercessor. From Our Lady she received a special gift of purity, strength in suffering and countless lessons on the spiritual life. She writes, "Mary is my Instructress, who is ever teaching me how to live for God." (Diary 620) "The more I imitate the Mother of God, the more deeply I get to know God." (Diary 843) "Before every Holy Communion I earnestly ask the Mother of God to help me prepare my soul for the coming of Her Son." (Diary 1114)

Our Lady, too, speaks of the urgency of the message of mercy; "You have to speak to the world about His great mercy and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Him who will come, not as a merciful Saviour, but as a just Judge . . . Speak to souls about this great mercy while it is still the time for [granting] mercy." (Diary 635)

No comments: