Saturday, June 4, 2011

Diary of St. Faustina...on Prayer for a Dying Soul..

Diary No. 314


"When I went to the garden one afternoon, my Guardian Angel said to me, ‘Pray for the dying.’ So I began at once to pray the Rosary with the gardeners for the dying. After the Rosary, we said different prayers for the dying. After the prayers, the wards began to talk among themselves. In spite of that noise, I heard these words in my soul, ‘Pray for me.’ But as I could not understand these words very well, I moved a few steps away trying to think who it could be was asking me to pray. Then I heard the words, ‘I am Sis. (blank).

The sister was in Warsaw while I was at the time in Vilnius. The sister said, ‘Pray for me until I tell you to stop. I am dying at this moment.’ Immediately, I began to pray fervently for her to the Expiring Heart of Jesus. I kept praying from 3 o’clock until 5. At five I heard the words, ‘Thank you, sister’, and I understood that she had died. During the holy mass on the following day, I continued to pray fervently for her soul. In the afternoon, a postcard came saying that Sister had died at such and such a time. I understood that it was at that same hour when she had said to me, ‘Pray for me.’"

No comments: